Friday, December 5, 2008

Greetings from the Snake Pit! ^_^

Greetings from the Snake Pit! For those few Hufflepuffs who don't know me yet (haha), I'm Argentia. I've never made a full sized sock before, but I'll be making small socks for stocking stuffers and random gifts this year.

I'm thinking of doing mini-socks in different colors with duplicate stitch embroidery on them and perhaps even venturing into a pair of House Socks (probably Slytherin colors, as I already have the yarn) for myself once I get my gift knitting done.

One idea that you could use for Chanukah socks is to knit socks in blue and apply a duplicate stitch of the different Hebrew symbols around the cuff in silver. I'm not exactly sure how that would work, but if you could chart it out, I don't think it would be that difficult.

Random fact, but did you Hufflepuffs know that a cete is a group of badgers? I just thought I would share that with you and I thought it was appropriate and rather fitting. ^_^

~Argentia S. Pascal

No comments: